Places of interest nearby
- Inverpolly National Nature Reserve - West of Ullapool and home to pine martens, wildcats, buzzards and golden eagles as well as the unique shape of Stac Pollaidh (sometimes written Stack Polly), one of the most photographed hills in the area.
- Ullapool Museum - Learn the history of Loch Broom and its people
- Inverewe Botanical Garden - The picturesque drive to Poolewe gives stunning views out to sea over golden beaches and green, rocky islands. A visit to the famous National Trust for Scotland Inverewe Botanical Garden overlooking Loch Ewe is well worth the drive.
- Highland Stoneware - Famous pottery with a workshop in the village
- Ullapool Pipe Band - Award winning local band that perform in the village throughout the summer
- Ullapool Golf Course - Nine hole course on the banks of Loch Broom
- Handa Island - Wildlife reserve with sandstone cliffs, breeding ground for 100,000 seabirds
- South from Ullapool are attractions such as Leckmelm Shrubbery and Arboretum, Lael Forest Garden, Corrieshalloch Gorge and the Falls of Measach
Trips and days out